The Historic Town of Eatonville along with the Eatonville Martin Luther King Jr. Parade Celebration Committee, cordially invites you to participate in the 42nd Annual Martin Luther King, Jr. Parade Celebration. “UNITY” is our theme. The parade will be held on Saturday, January 19th, 2019 at 2 p.m. The Eatonville MLK Jr. Parade Celebration has been Central Florida’s premier Martin Luther King Jr. Celebration for the past 41 years. The parade travels east on Kennedy Boulevard from Keller Road to West Avenue through the heart of our wonderful little town. Participating in the event is not only great fun but it also allows you an excellent opportunity to promote your business or organization. The number of entries is limited, so please be aware of the application deadline and submit your application with necessary attachments as soon as possible.
Parade Start Time: 2:00 pm
Parade Line-up (Staging) Begins: 12:00 pm
All motorized unites must be in place: 12:30 pm
Parade staging closed: 1:30 pm
Applications can also be downloaded from the Historic Town of Eatonville website: www.TownOfEatonville.org and the Eatonville MLK Jr. Celebration Facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100010660265811).
Please return the completed application with your entry fee and all other required documents to:
Historic Town of Eatonville
ATTN: Eatonville Martin Luther King, Jr. Parade Celebration Committee
307 East Kennedy Boulevard
Eatonville, FL 32751
All motorized and/or trailer vehicles must be insured to participate in the parade. Applications will be processed and given a position number. The parade line-up will be provided prior to parade day.
- Credit card payments are accepted online with an additional 3% convenience fee and must be paid using the applicant’s name or business only.
- All credit card payments are non-refundable or non-disputable after January 17th, 2019 unless you cancel your application and its subject to our refund policy.
- If payment is made less than three weeks (after December 28, 2018) before the event, only cash or money order will be accepted.
Parade Entry Deadline: Tuesday, January 15th, 2019
Important Dates: Applications are to be submitted on or before Tuesday, January 15th, 2019 to be considered on-time. Applications received after January 15th are considered late and the applicant is subject to pay a $15.00 late processing fee. On behalf of the Eatonville Martin Luther King Jr. Parade Celebration Committee, we look forward to receiving your parade application and thank you for your interest and participation in the 42nd Eatonville Martin Luther King, Jr. Parade Celebration. Please direct any and all questions and/or concerns regarding the parade to Ms. Veronica L. Smith at 407.623.8913 or Mr. Baruti AbdallahNosakhere at 407.227.1708 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For the safety of all participants and spectators, in the event of poor weather conditions or any unforeseen circumstances that are uncontrollable, the Eatonville Martin Luther King Jr. Parade Celebration Committee reserves the right to cancel the event(s) in whole or in part. [Application fees are non-refundable, if cancelled.
A completed application consists of the following:
- Entry Application, Completed, and signed (ALL 4 pages).
- Acceptance of Entry requirement, Parade rules and Liability and Hold Harmless Agreement completed and signed.
- Proof of Insurance; submit (copy) of proof of insurance with application. Organizations renting through a professional float company should have their company submit insurance documents to the 42nd Eatonville Martin Luther King Jr. Parade Celebration Committee.
- Photograph/artist rendering of float entry.
- Entry fee – Check, Money Order, Cashier’s Check made payable to the Town of Eatonville. **Cash and Money Order ONLY after December 28th**
- Completed Safety Officer Acknowledgement Letter.
- Please submit measurements of vehicle/float entry in feet. (Required)
- Non-Profit organizations must provide copy of 501(c) (3) document. (Required)
- *Safety monitors are required for all motorized vehicles NO EXCEPTIONS.
- Organizations without monitors will not be allowed to participate.
Mail the above listed items to:
Eatonville MLK Jr. Celebration
307 East Kennedy Boulevard
Eatonville, Florida 32751
ENTRY FEE Appropriate fee must be submitted with application. Make checks payable to: Town of Eatonville (Eatonville MLK Jr. Celebration)
|Commercial Business Float
|Commercial Business (Eatonville)
|Community Social Group
|Community Social Group (Eatonville)
|Non-Profit 501(c) (3) Organization
|Non-Profit 501(c) (3) Organization (Eatonville)
|Dance or Step Team
|The Town of Eatonville has a limited number of floats available at $625.00.
Call 407.623.8913 for more information.
Each unit and vehicle must have appropriate pass to Enter Staging Area.
NO ADDITIONAL VEHICLES ON THE DAY OF THE PARADE.
Each vehicle is a unit. Please review entry requirements before mailing. Include entry fee for EACH motorized vehicle. Proof of insurance must accompany parade application.
501(c) (3) Organizations Must Submit Tax Exempt Certificate
Make Check or money order payable to:
TOWN OF EATONVILLE
Attn: 42nd Annual Eatonville Martin Luther King, Jr. Parade Celebration
307 East Kennedy Boulevard Eatonville, FL 32751
- All units must move forward at all times to maintain their positions; this eliminates or lessens gaps. If stops occur, move forward at walking pace until gap is eliminated. Do not speed to close gaps; this action will cause undue stress on participants following your unit to advance.
- Drivers of vehicles must maintain control of their vehicles; drivers are not allowed to throw beads or other items from the driver’s position.
- Parade participants are not allowed to ride on the outside of moving vehicles; riding on hoods, fenders, sides or roofs of vehicles is prohibited.
- Units composed of live animals must be followed by a clean-up crew throughout the parade; this also includes staging area.
- All units admitted to the Parade staging area must have properly signed staging passes and identification issued by the Eatonville MLK Parade Committee. Units arriving at the staging without the proper passes and identification will not be allowed into staging.
- Paper materials (booklets, brochures, flyers, pamphlets, etc.) are NOT allowed to be distributed along the Parade route. Parade officials can remove unit(s) from parade route if violated.
- NO motorcycles or motorcycle type vehicles allowed.
- NO alcohol consumption by parade participants.